2018-08-07 - QUICK POST: TRICKBOT (GTAG: TOT284) MOVES FROM CLIENT TO DC
- Zip archive of the infection traffic: 2018-08-07-Trickbot-moves-from-client-to-DC.pcap.zip 11.7 MB (11,747,471 bytes)
- Zip archive of the malware & artifacts: 2018-08-07-Trickbot-malware.zip 607 kB (606,542 bytes)
- Found today's Trickbot gtag tot284 sample on VirusTotal, but I don't know where it originally came from.
- Today's example spread from an infected Windows client on 172.16.10.191 to its domain controller at 172.16.10.2.
- Zip archives are password-protected with the standard password. If you don't know it, look at the "about" page of this website.
Shown above: Traffic from the infection filtered in Wireshark.
Shown above: Trickbot sent from Windows client to the DC over SMB on TCP port 445.
Shown above: In Wireshark, you can export the Trickbot malware from the SMB traffic as shown above.
Shown above: Trickbot on the DC shows as gtag lib284.
Click here to return to the main page.