2020-03-02 - QUICK POST: 4 EXAMPLES OF MAGNITUDE EK
- 2020-03-02-Magnitude-EK-examples-4-pcaps.zip 210 kB (210,326 bytes)
- I was lucky to get some examples of Magnitude Exploit Kit (EK) today, which I haven't seen in a long time.
- My last documented example is from August 2017, and it's evolved a bit since then.
- The most recent infromation I could find on Magnitude EK is a Malwarebytes blog post titled "Exploit Kits: Fall 2019 Review".
- The blog post says that Magnitude EK's payload "remains Magniber ransomware delivered in fileless mode."
- Zip archives are password-protected with the standard password. If you don't know it, see the "about" page of this website.
Shown above: Traffic from an infection filtered in Wireshark.
Click here to return to the main page.